Friday, October 30, 2009

Update...

The past three weekends have been quite busy and Leyton is quickly acquiring long distance travel miles on his car seat. The first weekend we spent Sunday in Waco visiting and playing with family (my cousin and her husband, my "niece" and my aunt), the next weekend was spent in Georgetown for my other cousins' birthday celebration and wedding shower and last weekend we had family in town for the annual Justin fish fry that my Grandpa is a big part of. Leyton did really well with the traveling-I had the infant tylenol ready-"just in case"-but never had to use it.

















On the road again....













Leyton, Granna and I at the wedding shower.

Leyton also had his 2 month appointment last week and got 2 shots (breaks my heart when they give them to him). His stats are: Weight: 10lbs 8oz. (25 %); Height: 23 1/4" (45%). At his appointment we discussed the progress of his reflux (which had gotten alot better) and decided to slowly decrease the Zantac and add cereal to his bottle and see if we could get him off the medication. So far...no such luck! He doesn't like the cereal and won't take the full bottle when we give it to him and at times he will also have the painful spurts when eating and can't even finish the bottle even though he wants to. This past week he has been fighting going to sleep as well (at night and in the day). We had a good bedtime routine going (bottle, bath, bed by 8:00) until this week and now he will not go to sleep until after 10:00 and in the day he will only take a 10-15 min catnap. So now I have decided to go back to giving him Zantac 3 times a day to see if that will put him back to "normal". I will give it until Monday and go from there. Poor baby....

















The lack of sleep and pain doesn't seem to be bothering him too much because he continues to smile and laugh and "talk" all the time and not just at us...at the ceiling fan, his crib bumper, the cats, the lights, etc. He is extremely alert and holding his head up on his own and can't seem to take it all in-there is too much to look at. Now he is starting to get a personality and it is getting more fun.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!




















1 comment:

  1. Okay so he is still the cutest little boy around and getting cuter by the day!! I love those pictures of him Arlene took, she needs to do Madeleine's 1 yr pics! Tell me the details to get her to when we see you this weekend! I have to say this makes me want to come back so much more than I already do to hang out with you guys and Leyton!! Hopefully it will be in the next 6 mths or so. Nathan is getting pretty homesick too:)!

    ReplyDelete